If you would like to write for us, simply submit your post to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll review it and get back to you. Learn more about what we are looking for in a submission.
Who can write?
Sojarit wants to give a voice to as many people as possible, no matter their age and background. Everyone is welcome to submit a piece!
What shall I write about?
We want to read your thoughts and experience on issues related to the fight against corruption and the promotion of integrity, accountability and transparency in Cambodia.
We are also happy to re-blog pieces that were already published on your personal blog, please just forward it to us!
What language shall I write in?
Your submission can be either in English or in Khmer language.
Do you have tips to make my piece the best possible?
Here are a few things you can do to give your piece the best chance of being read and shared widely.
- Headline – Make it engaging and powerful to tease people to read on.
- A “read more” intro – Make sure your first paragraph makes sense on its own and introduces/ summarises the article well. We will be inserting ‘read more’ lines at this point on our home page.
- Keep it short and simple. Blogs of around 300-500 words tend to get read and shared the most. Try to avoid jargon and spell out acronyms the first time. Use short sentences – one thought per sentence.
- Links – Hyperlinking to external pages can help give readers context without distracting them from your story.
- Featured image – Every submission must have at least one nice high-resolution image to be displayed on the home page. You can also include more pictures, vides, infographics within the piece!
- Be creative – Blog posts don’t always have to be written. Feel free to submit short videos, funny graphics, infographics, twitter highlights, vines, beautiful photo galleries and so on!
- Tags – Try to choose around four. These are simple keywords that will help people to search for the blog and should summarise its content well. E.g. youth, Judiciary, corruption
Editorial policy – It’s your piece, we don’t want to meddle with what you have to say too much. However we will be looking to keep posts broadly within our guidelines. We may be adding/deleting things here and there for clarity but will always ask you to have a second read before we post it!